Monica advises clients on family law matters including divorce, child and spousal support, custody and guardianship, parenting time, and division of assets. She also advises clients on separation, marriage, and cohabitation agreements. She practiced with a boutique law firm specializing in family law before joining Cohen Buchan Edwards LLP.
In addition to family law matters, Monica advises clients on personal injury matters, focusing on motor vehicle accidents and ICBC claims.
Monica has successfully represented clients in both the Provincial and Supreme Courts of British Columbia. She is passionate about advocating for her clients and is committed to attaining solutions that meet their needs.
Monica is fluent in English and Punjabi and is comfortable communicating with her clients in either of these languages.
Professional Associations / Accreditations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of B.C.
Education / Accreditation
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Entrepreneurial Leadership), Kwantlen Polytechnic University, 2007
- Juris Doctor (Hons), Bond University, 2013
- Called to the British Columbia Bar, 2015.
Interests / Community Engagement
In her spare time, Monica enjoys spending time with her family, dining out with friends, playing with her dogs, and travelling.